Looking for the best WordPress SEO Plugin out there? We have prepared a list of the top tools to boost your SEO game. Therefore, if you are ready to take actions to rank higher in Google search results, read this professional review and decide which plugin is the right one for you.
SEO Plugins are meant to help you to appear in the first Google Search Results’ page. And if you are using the WordPress content management system, we guess you are in search for the best one for your WordPress website.
There are several top ones in the market, and usually, they allow migrating SEO data from one to another if you decide to switch the one you’re using.
Please note that you SHOULD NOT use two SEO plugins at once. If you do so, the plugins might interfere one with another, which could result in site performance problems.
4 Best WordPress SEO Plugins 2019
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO Plugin for WordPress is the best SEO tool for maximizing SEO for WordPress websites. It helps to rank in Google and Bing. It has more than 5 million active installations, and its average rating is 5 stars (even 24,431 5-star reviews out of 25,740 total). These numbers clearly show that the plugin meets users’ expectations and reflect their satisfaction rate.
Yoast offers free and paid versions, but to be fair, the free version is exceptionally useful. The plugin is updated every two weeks, giving you the latest SEO tips. An easy-to-use plugin provides a rich set of features. The ones listed below apply for the free version:
- Keyword optimization;
- Reminders about relevant content that hasn’t been updated for six months;
- Google page preview;
- Readability check;
- Breadcrumb control;
- Easy canonical URLs control;
- Compatibility with classic or Gutenberg editors.
Now, Yoast SEO Premium offers some extras, including:
- Keyword optimization available for synonyms of keywords and key phrases and all word forms of these;
- Google, Facebook and Twitter page previews;
- Internal linking suggestions;
- 5 most prevalent words or key phrases for each post or page;
- Handy redirect manager;
- SEO data export;
- 24/7 support team available via Yoast’s website;
- Ad-free experience.
The Premium version costs $89 for one website. But is it worth it? Although it is quite expensive, it provides you with all-in SEO pack that helps to rank in the first SERPs. However, if you do not have a budget for the Premium version, the Free one is all you need for a start. You can read the full Yoast SEO Review on our site.
2. All in One SEO Pack
The second on the best WordPress SEO plugins list is All in One SEO Pack. This excellent plugin has 2 million active installations, yet only 429 reviews (331 of them 5-star) and 4.4-star overall review. There are free and paid options; therefore we’ll list what each of them provides for the user. Let’s start with the free version:
- Easily submit XML Sitemap and image XML Sitemap to Google and Bing.
- Create custom titles and meta descriptions for pages, posts, custom post types;
- Redirect attachment pages to parent post;
- Automatic reports to search engines about changes on your website;
- SEO integration for WooCommerce and other e-Commerce sites;
- Built-in Nonce Security;
- AMP and Google Analytics Support;
- Compatibility with other WP Plugins;
- Avoids duplicate content.
Of course, the whole list of features is long, and these are just the main ones. Now, let’s take a look at the features that All in One SEO Premium offers.
- Includes the latest features and is one version ahead than the free plugin;
- Easily submit XML Sitemaps;
- Taxonomy SEO;
- Even more extras in WooCommerce support;
- Access to Premium Support Forums and screencasts;
- Ad-free experience.
Overall, the popularity of this plugin doesn’t isn’t as significant as Yoast’s; however, the price tag for a one-year subscription is much more reasonable. It costs $57 instead of $97 for one site now. The price applies for the first year only. Read more about All in One SEO Plugin.
3. The SEO Framework
The SEO Framework is a plugin that gets you search engine optimization-ready in no time. It has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 (based on 186 reviews) and more than 80,000 active installations.
Just like previously listed best SEO plugins for WordPress, it has a lot to offer. This plugin works differently as it allows installing extra plugins for specific SEO to cover. There are Free, Essentials, and Premium extensions available via Extension Manager that should accompany The SEO Framework.
- Easily migrate data from previously used SEO plugin;
- Customize Title, Meta Description, Open Graph;
- SEO for custom post types;
- Customizable Meta settings;
- Submit sitemaps;
- SEO suggestions.
- AMP (connects the plugin to AMP Plugin for AMP supported posts and pages);
- Incognito (deletes frond-end branding from the plugin);
- Origin (redirects attachment-page visitors to parent posts);
- Title Fix (takes care of correct Title output).
Essentials, which costs $49/year and can be used on two sites, include these extensions:
- Focus – helps to write content that ranks with keywords or key phrases, and infections and synonyms for Premium users;
- Articles – adds structured data;
- Honeypot – stops comment spammers.
Premium extension, which costs $99/year and can be used on four sites, adds these features to The SEO Framework:
- Local SEO – allows adding relevant local business data;
- Monitor – tracks SEO, uptime, and statistics;
- Focus – in Premium, the guide will walk you through steps on how to write straight-to-the-point content that ranks with chosen keywords, inflections and synonyms.
4. Rank Math
Rank Math SEO Plugin for WordPress is a gem out there. It is considerably new to WP SEO game; however, the user feedback is brilliant. Based on 172 reviews, its rating is 4.8. There are over 20,000 active installations of this plugin.
It is easy to install and configure it using a wizard that sets up SEO settings for your website. The full list of benefits you get from Rank Math Plugin is provided below.
- User-friendly interface with contextual help;
- Fix 404 Errors easily;
- Automatic Image SEO – ALT and Title are added automatically;
- Submit XML Sitemaps with ease;
- Rich Snippet configuration (article, product, recipe, events, video, local business);
- Automatically informs search engines about new posts;
- SEO Analysis Tool is based on 40 factors;
- Local SEO support;
- Override previous settings for individual posts;
- Use shortcode for an up-to-date contact information placement;
- Redirect manager;
- Breadcrumbs customization;
- Redirect attachments to parent posts;
- Automatic Open Graph for Facebook;
- Settings Import from Yoast and AIOSEO plugins;
- Compatibility with WooCommerce;
- Taking care of Meta Tags;
- Social Previews;
- 24/7/365 Support via email.
The lengthy list goes on and on. On its official website, the developer really doesn’t hold back and list every little feature that is and should be included in every decent SEO plugin. There is a total of 63 features listed. In our opinion, Rank Math is a useful alternative to professional SEO tools listed earlier.
However, it has to work on its marketing to create a bigger user circle. Overall, it is a really great and, most importantly, FREE plugin that gives you features that are usually the ones you buy a yearly subscription for in other plugins. See full Rank Math review.
The best WordPress SEO Plugins listed here offer an outstanding set of free features that can help you to jump to the top search results’ pages quickly. In case you’re interested in all-in packs, the paid plugin versions suggest extras that can boost your SEO game.
However, you should remember that you can never rely on SEO plugins or tools entirely. They are accommodating, but you should try to keep up with the latest SEO recommendations on your own. In certain cases, tips and suggestions recommended for your website might not be useful or should be ignored entirely.